Monday, July 9, 2007

CAPITAL G (minus the Datuk)

Share




"Capital G" is a single by Nine Inch Nails, the second from their 2007 album Year Zero. It is the seventh track on the album. Trent Reznor said that the "G" stands for "Greed," though numerous reviews of the album assume it is about George W. Bush However, Year Zero's storyline is set 15 years in the future, when Bush will no longer be president.




In the multitrack files, the chanting sample is entitled "Capital G Greed," which further shows that the intended meaning of "G" is greed. The single's cover art references the Federal Reserve District Seal on a United States one-dollar bill—specifically, the "G" seal of dollars issued by the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank.




There may be other possible interpretations, that it may refer to "God" or to Orwellian "Government". Another possible interpretation is that "Capital G" could be a reference to the capital "G" in the masonic symbol. The cross behind the "G" in the cover of the single is similar to the one used by the Knights of Malta.


And here's how the lyrics goes:



I pushed a button and elected you to office

And he pushed a button and it dropped the bomb

You pushed a button and could watch it all on the television

Those motherfuckers didn't last too long

I'm sick of hearing about the haves and the have-nots

Have some personal accountability

The biggest problem with the way that we've been doing things is

The more we let you have the less that I'll be keeping for me

Well, I used to stand for something

Now I'm on my hands and knees

Traded in my god for this one

And he signs his name with a capital G

Don't give a shit about the temprature in Guatemela

Don't really see what all the fuss is about

Ain't gonna worry about no future generations

I'm sure somebody gonna figure it out

Don't try to tell me how some power can corrupt a person

You haven't had enough to know it's like

You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position

Now nod your head because you know that I'm right

Well, I used to stand for something

But forgot what that could be

There's a lot of me inside you

Maybe you're afraid to see I used to stand for something

Now on my hands and kness

Traded in my god for this one

And he signs his name with a capital G


So this song for this shitty asshole motherfucker so-called Dato G. Palanivel, the 55-year-old MIC Vice President, has been appointed Deputy Minister of the Women, Family and Community Development Ministry. Formerly a Deputy Minister in the Rural Development Ministry (1999) for returning my call in a rude manner when i try to check out with him if he receive my fax.


Conversation I:(first conversation)

Jordache: Hello. Good afternoon! May I speak to Datuk G. Palanivel?

Datuk G: Yes. Speaking.

Jordache: Hi, Datuk. I'm Jordache from xxxxxx

Datuk G: Oh. What can i do for you?

Jordache: It's regarding the house turn hostel in ss17...

Datuk G: uh.. you see.. im in the car now so why dont you fax the details to my fax machine instead?

Jordache: ok.. what's the fax number?

Datuk G: xxxxxxxxx

Jordache: Ok. Thank you Datuk


-----30 minutes later, i called and no reply (keep hearing the weather forecast music)-----


Conversation II: (the nextday)

Datuk G: Please do not call this number as if it's a hotline, each time you called and when i dont pick it up, it will be a miss call. And when it does, your number turns out to be a private number of which i can never be able to return the call. Do you know that fixline is outdated? Why dont you come to my office and wait for me outside or sms me about it?

Jordache: Datuk? I just wanted to check if you have receive my fax which i sent you?

Datuk G: No, i do not have time to look into the fax! Im very busy with the merdeka 50 years nationhood event.

CAPITAL G (minus the Datuk)SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Check out more!
Related Posts with Thumbnails